On the Town: 5 Things to Know About the New Teatro Martini
Last week, we received a visit by Spectrum News 13. They wrote a really nice and informative “5 Things To Know” article about our show. Here it is,
“ORLANDO, Fla. — Burlesque, martinis, dinner, and variety acts — the recipe for a new night of entertainment off International Drive. But leave the kiddos at home: It’s date night!
1. What is Teatro Martini? Teatro Martini is a new, edgy, and interactive dinner show, featuring a bunch of variety acts. The show hails from Los Angeles.
“It’s actually voted the #1 dinner show out there,” said Skyler Rankin, Marketing Director. “So we thought we need to bring something here that Orlando doesn’t have.”
2. Any highlights? One of the highlights of the 2 hour and 30 minute experience is the quick change act, featuring the Smirnovs.
“They are actually a husband and wife act,” Rankin tells us. “So [during] their act, people don’t really applaud. It’s really quiet until the very end of the act. Then the crowd erupts because they’re all in shock.”
3. What are the dancers called? “The dancers are called Jewels. They’re actually in the show. They’re the waitresses, they’re getting your drinks, they’re getting your food. So you really get a connection with them,” Rankin said.
4. What’s behind the “hidden” door? Guests enter the theater in a space that “magically” turns into a speakeasy. So by the end of the show, when guests exit Teatro Martini through a “hidden” door, they enter a casino.
“For what we know, it’s America’s only dueling piano bar speakeasy with charity gaming.”
5. Where is Teatro Martini located? Teatro Martini is in the same building as Pirates Dinner Adventure at 6400 Carrier Dr. in Orlando. Tickets for the show are available Wednesdays through Sundays.”
Courtesy of: Spectrum News 13
Written by: Allison Walker Torres